hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Tim Robertson <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Developers sought for web crawling project
Date Tue, 20 Jul 2010 14:52:57 GMT
Hi all,

Disclosure: I have been an active member of the Hadoop / HBase / Hive
mailing lists for some time.  I am not a recruiter, but looking to
increase a development team that I lead.  I sincerely apologize if
this message is against mailing list etiquette; I have not seen any
guidelines forbidding this.

We are looking to expand the development team based in Copenhagen,
Denmark.  We run and operate an indexing system that provides access
to biodiversity information, and specifically 100s millions of point
based observations of species occurrence documented in the past
century.  Our live system is outgrowing a MySQL database, and we are
already tentatively using Hive, Hadoop and have run some tests using
HBase.  Over the next 16 months we will rework the whole system,
including custom reporting, custom maps and other visualizations, real
time search indexes, reducing latency, quality control integration,
custom vocabulary work etc.  Our final architecture will likely
include Hive, Hadoop, HBase, Lucene (SOLR / ElasticSearch?), Sqoop and
PostGIS.  If you are familiar with these technologies, and the thought
of some time working in Europe appeals to you, then we'd love to hear
from you.  Guidelines for applications are on the advert:
http://tinyurl.com/gbif-dev-job

Thanks,
Tim