hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Shuja Rehman <shujamug...@gmail.com>
Subject java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 17:14:55 GMT
Hi All

I am facing a hard problem. I am running a map reduce job using streaming
but it fails and it gives the following error.

Caught: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
	at Nodemapper5.parseXML(Nodemapper5.groovy:25)
java.lang.RuntimeException: PipeMapRed.waitOutputThreads(): subprocess
failed with code 1
	at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapRed.waitOutputThreads(PipeMapRed.java:362)
	at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapRed.mapRedFinished(PipeMapRed.java:572)
	at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapper.close(PipeMapper.java:136)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapRunner.run(MapRunner.java:57)
	at org.apache.hadoop.streaming.PipeMapRunner.run(PipeMapRunner.java:36)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runOldMapper(MapTask.java:358)

I have increased the heap size in hadoop-env.sh and make it 2000M. Also I
tell the job manually by following line.

-D mapred.child.java.opts=-Xmx2000M \

but it still gives the error. The same job runs fine if i run on shell using
1024M heap size like

cat file.xml | /root/Nodemapper5.groovy

Any clue?????????

Thanks in advance.