hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Harsh J <qwertyman...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MapReduce HBASE examples
Date Tue, 06 Jul 2010 16:10:21 GMT
I believe this article will help you understand the new (not anymore)
API+HBase MR: http://kdpeterson.net/blog/2009/09/minimal-hbase-mapreduce-example.html
[Look at the second example, which uses the Put object]

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 6:08 PM, Kilbride, James P.
<James.Kilbride@gd-ais.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> The examples in the hbase examples, and on the hadoop wiki all reference the deprecated
interfaces of the mapred package. Are there any examples of how to use hbase as the input
for a mapreduce job, that uses the mapreduce package instead? I'm looking to set up a job
which will read from a hbase table based on a row value passed into the job, and which starts
the map the row values(as the value key) and the column names(or value) as the map values.

--
Harsh J
www.harshj.com