hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HEP proposal
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 18:57:56 GMT
On 07/14/2010 10:46 AM, Eli Collins wrote:
>> 5. How the set of editors is selected?
>>    "The editors are apointed and removed by the PMC informally, similar to
>>    how the Apache Board appoints shepherds to projects."
>> This needs a reference. How does Apache Board appoints shepherds?
>
> Good question, anyone know? Since it's informal I imagine shepherds
> volunteer. The editors could be a subset of the PMC that either
> volunteers or is rotated periodically.

Shepherds are assigned randomly by the chair 48 hours before each
meeting.  Perhaps a better analogy for an editor is an Incubator Champion?

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Champion

Champions are volunteers.  So, rather than assigning an editor, a HEP
might ask for one to volunteer.  Any PMC member might volunteer.

Doug