hadoop-general mailing list archives

From amit kumar verma <v.a...@verchaska.com>
Subject Re: jni files
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 09:30:32 GMT
  Hi  Hemanth,

Yeah I have gone through the api documentation and there is no issue in
accessing files from HDFS, but my concern is what about the API which
already got developed without hadoop. OK, what I mean, I developed an
application when I didn't know about the hadoop, but as now I need to
implement grid environment so I am looking for Hadoop.

So no the question is, how can use the same code to work for HDFS, do I
need to change my code and use hadoop API to used the HDFS. If that is
the case then the change will be major, or there is any way where the
default java.file can be integrated with hdfs.

Did you get the issue ??

Thanks,
Amit Kumar Verma
Verchaska Infotech Pvt. Ltd.