hadoop-general mailing list archives

From abc xyz <fabc_xyz...@yahoo.com>
Subject naming the output fle of reduce to the partition number
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 09:13:14 GMT
Hi Everyone,
I am having some problem with naming the output file of each reduce task  with
the partition number. First of all, how can  I get the partition number  within
each reduce? Second, How am I going to name the output file with that  partition
number?

I have looked to the MultipleTextOutputFormat. It can generate a new file  with
the name of my choice for each key. But I want to name the output file for  each
partition with the name of my choice i.e. with the partition number.

Please help me in this regard.

Thanks