hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Stephen Watt <sw...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Hadoop Italy User Group
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 16:05:31 GMT
Hi Gianluigi

I'm glad to hear you are starting a new user group. Welcome to the fold.
If you have any questions about running a group feel free to shoot me a
note. Dekel Tankel who runs the Bay Area Group helped me out with my
questions when we started ours. He's a great resource.

Steve Watt - Austin Hadoop User Group Coordinator

Gianluigi Zanetti <gianluigi.zanetti@crs4.it>
06/09/2010 05:41 AM
[PROPOSAL]  Hadoop Italy User Group

Here at CSR4  we are actively using Hadoop for multiple purposes,
ranging from bioinformatics applications connected to the analysis of
deep sequencing datasets and large scale Genome-Wide Association Studies
to  exotic applications such as  using hdfs as a scalable file system to
support the deployment and management of (large) HPC virtual clusters.

We would like to establish contacts with other group in Italy to be able
to share experiences and ideas. A reasonable mechanism for this could be
an Italian User group. Please e-mail me if you like the idea, so that we
can assess whether there is enough interest in setting this up.

Gianluigi Zanetti