hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Eric Yang <ey...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject [Result][Vote] Move Chukwa to incubator
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:42:27 GMT
Original incubator proposal:

http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/ChukwaProposal

Vote put forward to incubator:

1. recommend TLP with guides to help the initial pmc,
2. accept incubating with tlp resource naming, but -incubating release
naming
3. accept incubating requiring all incubator naming conventions, that might
help the incubator simplify this decision.

Result of the vote:

Option 1) Ant Elder, Eric Yang, William A. Rowe Jr.
Option 2) Ari Rabkin, Jerome Boulon, Chris Douglas, Greg Reddin
Option 3) Bernd Fondermann

Owen O'Malley +1 on proposal

I am not sure about Chris Mattmann¹s position, but he raised the question
about TLP.

Is it ok to keep hadoop naming until we graduate to TLP, hence, we only
rename once?  ³-incubating² will be added to release artifacts.

What is next?

Regards,
Eric