hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject [ANN] HBase-0.89.20100621 "development release" available for download
Date Sat, 26 Jun 2010 06:00:17 GMT
Dear HBase Community,

The HBase team is pleased to announce the release of HBase 0.89.20100621.
This release is the first of a series of "development releases" that will
lead up to the release of HBase 0.90 later this year. To call out every new
feature in this release would be too much, but a short list of highlights
include fully durable edits, a preview of inter-cluster replication support,
and a much-improved command line shell.

As a development release series, we have not prepared formal release notes;
interested users should inspect the CHANGES.txt and KNOWN-BUGS.txt files
included in the distribution.

For more information about the purpose and version numbering of the 0.89
development release series, as well as how it relates to the stable 0.20
release series, please refer to the following wiki page:

http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/HBaseVersions

The release artifacts may be downloaded from:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/hbase/hbase-0.89.20100621/
(the release is still propagating to mirrors, so please try again from a
different mirror if the first you try does not work)

Thanks to all who contributed to this release! We're looking forward to the
community's feedback.

-- The HBase Team

--
Todd Lipcon