hadoop-general mailing list archives

From atreju <n.atr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to apply RDBMS table updates and deletes into Hadoop
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 00:29:35 GMT
Insert/Update/Delete is nothing but "put" command for another file to the
same directory. Only problem is during "flush" that would replace the files.
I assume it would use the similar kind of logic of Hive's "insert overwrite"
(create the file in a temporary space and replace the Hive file(s) when MR
output is ready). Only for that "replace" (move command?) the flush has to
talk to Namenode to wait for currently running MR jobs to finish and put
others on hold until the file is replaced. That is of course the high level
idea. I am not sure if it is practical.