hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Kiyoshi Mizumaru <kiyoshi.mizum...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "No datanode to stop " message on stop-dfs.sh
Date Wed, 02 Jun 2010 02:17:05 GMT
> Any idea what can cause issue like this?

I saw this message when I forgot to switch a user to who had started
the Hadoop/HDFS instance and invoked stop-dfs.sh from different user.

# sorry for my poor English.

On Wed, Jun 2, 2010 at 5:19 AM, C J <c.joshi26@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a brand new setup of hadoop machine cluster with 50 machines. I see some weird
issues come up with the cluster with time....Things run just fine for a few days and then
when I try to run stop-dfs.sh, it says

> no namenode to stop
> hadoop-07: no data node to stop
> hadoop-08: no data node to stop
> .
> .
> .
> hadoop-03: no secondarynamenode to stop
>
> When I go to these machines, the data node is actually running.
>
> Any idea what can cause issue like this? The last time it happened I killed all the running
datanodes manually and then started the dfs. It started fine. After that even the stop-dfs.sh
worked as expected. But now it got back to the same situation again.