hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jan Stöcker <Jan.Stoec...@q2web.de>
Subject HDFS file append
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:31:29 GMT
Hello,

in the hdfs-default.xml, I found the warning that the property

"dfs.support.append" is false by default, because of the "append

code" containing bugs.

For our test case (which is not very complicated),  I tried it out

nevertheless (in a C program using libhdfs), and I did not

encounter any problems yet. The only thing I noticed is that the

modification date of the file to which I append is not changed.

Could someone indicate which other bugs may occur? And in

which cases? Because the append could be quite useful for me,

and I would like to know the risk.

Thanks in advance

Jan