hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Gianluigi Zanetti <gianluigi.zane...@crs4.it>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Hadoop Italy User Group
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2010 10:40:55 GMT

Here at CSR4  we are actively using Hadoop for multiple purposes,
ranging from bioinformatics applications connected to the analysis of
deep sequencing datasets and large scale Genome-Wide Association Studies
to  exotic applications such as  using hdfs as a scalable file system to
support the deployment and management of (large) HPC virtual clusters.

We would like to establish contacts with other group in Italy to be able
to share experiences and ideas. A reasonable mechanism for this could be
an Italian User group. Please e-mail me if you like the idea, so that we
can assess whether there is enough interest in setting this up.

Gianluigi Zanetti
(gianluigi.zanetti@crs4.it)