hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Amareshwari Sri Ramadasu <amar...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: MultipleInputs in 0.20
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 04:39:04 GMT
MultipleInputs is ported new api in branch 0.21 through https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-369

-Amareshwari

On 5/10/10 2:38 AM, "Oded Rosen" <oded@legolas-media.com> wrote:

By what I've learned from different sites around the web (hadoop wiki,
cloudera<http://www.cloudera.com/blog/2009/05/what%E2%80%99s-new-in-hadoop-core-020/>,
mail archive, etc),
the MultipleInputs class that was available in 0.18-0.19 versions of hadoop,
was not moved to the 0.20 new API.
(so does MultipleOutputs, but that's another story)

I wanted to know if there is a way around this - to use two different paths
with two different input format (sequence file, text file) as sources to the
same job,
with a special mapper for each input type - using hadoop 0.20 API. I think
that writing a new job using 0.19 API only means more trouble later, when
it's officially deprecated.

I saw there is a jira <goog_292716485>
(MAPREDUCE-1170)<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-1170>open
for this issue, with a patch marked as "Won't fix".
If someone out there can help me with this, I will be most thankful.

Cheers,
--
Oded