hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Kiko Griffin <k...@meebo-inc.com>
Subject @ Meebo - Data Engineer (Analytics)
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 19:15:05 GMT
Hello!

We have an immediate need here at Meebo and I'm positive someone from the
community would be interested.  This is a permanent opportunity located in
Mountain View, CA.  We are looking for a Data Engineer (Hadoop, MapReduce)
to join the Meebo ranks.  If at all interested OR know someone who might be
interested please reply directly to Kiko@meebo-inc.com.

data engineer, analytics

Position located in Mountain View

Meebo is seeking an empirically-minded groundbreaker to join its ranks. We
love instrumentation, A/B testing, and take delight in uncovering the
unexpected. We’re seeking our next team member who will build a world-class
product-oriented data system that will serve as the compass for nearly all
strategic company decisions. This individual should have a deep desire to
work with very large data sets to guide product decisions and to strengthen
the end-user voice within Meebo.

*In this role, your responsibilities will include:*

   - Design and deploy Meebo’s core product data analysis framework that
   includes A/B testing, real-time log processing, segmentation capabilities,
   and surfacing moving metrics to the most relevant teams
   - Create tools, web interfaces, and visualizations to allow product teams
   and partners to access real-time usage statistics
   - Instrument JavaScript and C/C++ codebase to collect usage behavior data
   - Proactively recommend metrics for understanding product health and user
   satisfaction
   - Collaborate with the Operations team to design and deploy Meebo’s next
   generation distributed data system

*To be most effective, you will have:*

   - BS or MS in Computer Science with an emphasis in Information Analytics,
   Data Mining, Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, Artificial
   Intelligence, or related field
   - Expertise in MapReduce programming models such as Hadoop and other
   parallel computing implementations for processing and generating large data
   sets
   - Scripting skills including HTML/CSS/JavaScript, Python, and SQL
   - The product and business savvy mindset to pinpoint what metric matters
   most and the communication skills to convey those thoughts to others

*You will be measured by your ability to:*

Work with a diverse team to cultivate ideas, foster user-centric thinking,
and positively influence product direction Listen deeply to team product and
business issues and make data and research suggestions that will best inform
strategic-thinking Build a world-class stats infrastructure that is
accessible company-wide that will serve as the groundwork for all future
stats projects at Meebo