hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jonathan Gray <jg...@facebook.com>
Subject RE: HBase and Stargate
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 06:41:44 GMT
Redirecting to user@hbase mailing list where you might get an answer.

From: Anthony Ikeda [mailto:Anthony.Ikeda@cardlink.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:49 PM
To: general@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: HBase and Stargate

I've created a client to connect to the Stargate REST interface which appears to be working.
However, when I tried to create my initial table it appears that there is no data in the response.
Is this expected?

I can't seem to locate any documentation on the Input/Output of calls to Stargate. The package-summary
of the HBase API uses curl as an example with data being returned at the command line, but
each call I make via JAX-WS the response is empty. When I use curl (on my Mac for example)
nothing is returned to the command line.

Would I be correct in Assuming:
PUT = void
POST = void
GET = String
DELETE = void   ?

Anthony Ikeda
Java Analyst/Programmer
Cardlink Services Limited
Level 4, 3 Rider Boulevard
Rhodes NSW 2138

Web: www.cardlink.com.au<http://www.cardlink.com.au> | Tel: + 61 2 9646 9221 | Fax:
+ 61 2 9646 9283
[cid:image001.gif@01CAFCE2.024A9090]

This e-mail message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s)
named above and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not
the intended recipient, any display, dissemination, distribution, or copying is strictly prohibited.
If you believe you have received this e-mail message in error, please immediately notify the
sender by replying to this e-mail message or by telephone to (02) 9646 9222. Please delete
the email and any attachments and do not retain the email or any attachments in any form.