hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Allen Wittenauer <awittena...@linkedin.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop support for hbase
Date Mon, 10 May 2010 17:24:32 GMT

On May 10, 2010, at 10:18 AM, Stack wrote:
> The above is a fallacious setup.  How does a branch in 0.20 detract
> from the 0.21 momentum (The append feature that we'd work on in 0.20
> branch has little relation to how append works in 0.21).

There are X amount of hours that people can put into Hadoop.  If Y amount goes into 0.20-append,
then 0.21 is now left with X-Y.   X-Y < X.

>> I'd rather have the HBase folks put pressure on the Hadoop PMC to get 0.21 out the
door than create a custom-to-be-thrown-away-in-less-than-a-year branch.  This way we *all*
benefit rather than a select, but vocal group.

> We're all behind 0.21.  Its the future.

Great.  Start using the time you'd put into 0.20-append into 0.21 and then we'll all be in
a better place.