hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Rohan Rai <rohan....@inmobi.com>
Subject Re: JVM Reuse for parallel execution
Date Tue, 11 May 2010 14:02:50 GMT
Forgot to add, we are using the following configuration.

mapred.tasktracker.map.tasks.maximum as 4
and mapred.tasktracker.reduce.tasks.maximum as 3.

Regards
Rohan

Rohan Rai wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there a way of executing multiple tasks in parallel in a single JVM.
>
> For a particular job we see a child process being spawned for each
> task, despite
> mapred.job.reuse.jvm.num.tasks being set to -1
>
> In order to avoid the overhead of starting a JVM for each task and yet
> achieve
> parallel execution of tasks, wanted to know sharing the JVM is
> possible, for
> parallel task execution.
>
> Regards
> Rohan

The information contained in this communication is intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. It may contain confidential
or legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents
of this information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by responding to this email and then
delete it from your system. The firm is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission
of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in its receipt.