hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Caspar MacRae <ear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom Class Loader for Hadoop M/R jobs?
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 17:40:13 GMT
ServiceMix and ActiveMQ are also using OSGi in their core AFAIK.

The way this (these) problems have been solved is more of an afterthought,
and regardless is quite simplistic (thinking of classloader isolation in web
containers, app servers, and the monolithic WARs produced as a result),
however OSGi's approach to modularity provides a truly elegant solution.

wrt to the ticket https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAPREDUCE-243, Dave
Savage is a nice chap who works for Paremus (an enterprise OSGi provider) I
spoke with him at the recent OSGi devcon in London and he did quite a bit of
work to get this working for private clients - I'm sure with his expertise
it would not be a huge effort to get this rolling again.