hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jay Booth <jaybo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] HBase as TLP
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 01:41:41 GMT
What if the projects were:

A)  split out to TLPs because they do seem to have reached that level of
individual community

but,

B)  The projects could somehow jointly put out an integrated build
containing the above projects and let users run whatever they want out of
it?

That would require a lot of coordination but would make a heck of a 1.0
release, if there's a reference build then it'll make it easier to
identify/fix cross-component bugs and the release process might surface more
of them early.  It seems like that could help with a number of St.Ack's
concerns about reanimated monsters.  Maybe it could be owned by the Common
project, with participation from the project leads?  Just an idea.

-Jay