hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Tom White <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] HBase as TLP
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 04:00:57 GMT
Eclipse does big bang releases of multiple components, but I believe
it requires a huge amount of coordination and planning. Instead, I
think the direction Hadoop should move in is to stabilize and clearly
demarcate its core filesystem and MapReduce interfaces, so that
projects like HBase, Pig, and Hive can run against multiple versions
of core. Their release cycles are already largely decoupled from core,
so the question about whether they become TLPs is more to do with
project governance than with release coordination.

Cheers,
Tom