hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Should we approve the Hadoop security logo?
Date Fri, 23 Apr 2010 05:30:48 GMT

On Apr 22, 2010, at 9:35 PM, Dhruba Borthakur wrote:

> Are we saying that we create a separate logo for every major feature
> we put
> into Hadoop?

The issue is that to stay within Apache rules, all variants of the
Hadoop elephant must be official Hadoop logos. Clearly it is not
necessary to have a new logo for a feature, but it can be fun. This
logo certainly doesn't harm the Hadoop image and conveys the intended
meaning.

*Laugh* It is amusing to imagine what append's logo would look like.
If you wanted to make an append (or some other feature) logo, the logo
looked nice, and didn't harm the Hadoop image, that would be
reasonable in my opinion.

-- Owen