hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Custom Class Loader for Hadoop M/R jobs?
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 13:22:39 GMT
Scott Carey wrote:
> In our case, we package our own rpm and have a few custom patches to Hadoop so removing
one jar is a trivial thing to do in the short / medium term.

Added my thoughts on CLs to the MAPREDUCE-1700 bugrep.

I do my own RPMs too, Ivy driven, tested by installing onto local VMs.

There is scope for having a hadoop-redist project that contains
everything needed to create RPMs or debs of Hadoop releases, with your
own JARs in. volunteers to do this are welcome...