hadoop-general mailing list archives

From "Goel, Mohit IN BLR SISL" <mohit.g...@siemens.com>
Subject Query regarding Hadoop and cloud infrastructure
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:06:15 GMT
Hello,

I have a general query regarding usage of Hadoop with my cloud infrastructure. I am trying
to achieve scaling up and scaling down in cloud using Hadoop.

I have set up a cloud infrastructure which creates images consists of OS and applications.
To access user applications, instance of image has to launch. Now I want to make this running
or launched instance scalable based on some condition like -

a)       If no. of users who are accessing the application which is hosting in cloud (i.e.
in instance) are more then it should run one more instance of image and if no. of users are
less then instances should be terminated.
b)       If CPU usage is more then one more instance of image should run or if CPU usage is
less then it should terminate the instance.

Can I achieve these goals using Hadoop?

Please guide me and let me know the possible solution.

Thanks in advance.

With best regards,
Mohit Goel

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment there to contains corporate proprietary information.
If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete
this e-mail and its attachments from your system.
Thank You.