hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Jeremy Davis <jerda...@speakeasy.net>
Subject Re: 0.21 Release
Date Fri, 19 Mar 2010 19:17:40 GMT
Thank you for your reply,

So what would be your (or anyones) advice on getting, HDFS sync/flush/
append functionality?
You seem to indicate that 0.21 branch as is might not be the best
idea, with your preference being a patch set against 0.20.

We definitely have an application for this specific functionality, and
I need to provide some direction/answers in this area for my colleagues.

For example, I might say: We will install the current 0.21 now, and
develop against it.. But in X time we will install CDH2 (and get all
the goodness it brings), and then apply a given patch set against it.
Is this in line with what you are thinking? If so, could I get your
perceived level of effort, maybe a time frame? April/May/June/ etc..

I'm sure I'm not the only one that has plans for this feature, as it's
in  "Hadoop: the Definitive Guide" by O'Reilly published in September
'09.

Thanks,
-JD