hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Evert Lammerts <Evert.Lamme...@sara.nl>
Subject Dutch Hadoop scientific user group?
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 20:53:49 GMT
Hi all,

As the Dutch Center for High Performance Computing & Networking we (SARA - http://www.sara.nl)
are experimenting with a number of new technologies and paradigms, among which Hadoop. At
the moment our experiments are limited to an (also experimental and OpenNebula based) HPC
cloud infrastructure, which is obviously sub-optimal, and we are considering our options.

We are interested to know whether Hadoop is being used by scientists based in The Netherlands,
and if so, how and for what it is used. If people are interested and we can reach a certain
number of users, we will be able to organize and host a Dutch Hadoop scientific user group.

I can be reached on this email address and by both telephone numbers listed below.

Best regards,

Evert Lammerts

Adviseur
SARA Computing & Network Services
High Performance Computing & Visualization
eScience Support Group

Office phone: +31 20 888 4101
Mobile phone: +31 61 055 8303