hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Marc Farnum Rendino <mvg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding hard-disks to an existing HDFS cluster
Date Sun, 28 Feb 2010 22:07:17 GMT
That's on my list; is it perhaps as simple as adjusting the config file (ex:
/etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml) by adding another value to the dfs.data.dir
property?

(Ref <http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module7.html>)

If so, afterward, it may or may not be necessary to rebalance; it can
apparently often just take care of itself, in the normal course of
operation.