hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Mag Gam <magaw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: rack awareness help
Date Wed, 03 Mar 2010 12:11:49 GMT
hello jeff:

yes, I have looked at this page many times.

I guess I am a bit confused with this line, "The default
implementation of the same runs a script/command configured using
topology.script.file.name. If topology.script.file.name is not set,
the rack id /default-rack is returned for any passed IP address."

Do I have to write a script which will convert my IP address into a
unique rack? Once we get the unique id  hdfs will write according to
the id?

An example would be very helpful. There is only 1 paragraph about this
but its far too important not to have an example or two.