hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Chris Douglas <cdoug...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop 0.20.2 is released
Date Thu, 11 Mar 2010 02:12:21 GMT
Hadoop 0.20.2 has been pushed to repository.apache.org and members of
the Mahout community report that it is working.

***NOTE***
Users of the repository should be aware that the naming convention
enforced by Maven requires that the .jar names *differ* from those
produced by the 0.20.2 build. For example, instead of
hadoop-0.20.2-core.jar, one receives hadoop-core-0.20.2.jar from the
repo. The Maven naming convention will be used for all artifacts in
0.20.3 and later. To avoid confusion in downstream projects, I would
like to roll a 0.20.3 very soon, in the next few weeks if possible.

HADOOP-6382 will be applied to 0.20.3 presently. Direct all thanks to
Giri for his excellent work on this issue. -C