hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Security roadmap [Was: Release plans]
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:55:52 GMT

Evert Lammerts wrote:

> I'm sorry for breaking into your discussion as an outsider, but I'm
> very
> curious about the security features you are planning to roll out in
> March.

At a high level, all of the interactions with HDFS and MapReduce will
be authenticated. Kerberos will be used as the base authentication,
but there are mechanisms to ensure that MapReduce jobs launching won't
cause a DOS against the Kerberos KDC.

Yahoo is pushing hard for getting this deployed this summer. We are
backporting all of the work on to our Yahoo 0.20 branch and will be
posting it to github.

-- Owen