hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release candidate for Hadoop 0.20.2
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2010 17:00:17 GMT

On Feb 10, 2010, at 10:51 PM, Todd Lipcon wrote:

> I applied HADOOP-5612 to fix this, though I think creating a tarball
> after chmod 755ing the configure scripts would also be correct.

*Sigh* You can't blame a release for not containing one of your
patches, if you didn't ask for it to be applied to the relevant
branch. If you want it to be included in the next 0.20 release, reopen
the jira and ask for it to be applied back to branch-0.20.

> These same problems are present as seen in the branch-20 Hudson build:
> http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Hadoop-20-Build/67/console

The problem on Hudson seems to be that automake 1.9 is not installed.
That seems like a different issue.

> 3) It would be nice if the tarball had libhdfs included in c++/lib

It does have the .so for libhdfs.

  hadoop-0.20.2/c++/Linux-i386-32/lib/libhdfs.so

I assume you were looking for the 64 bit version. Did someone get the
64 bit libhdfs working? If so, we should update the HowToRelease twiki
to include it.

-- Owen