hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Patrick Hunt <ph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: additional source only release tarball
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 17:31:33 GMT
Thomas, not sure if this solves all your issues but have you considered
using SVN rather than the release tarball? The latest versions of Hadoop
and ZooKeeper have moved to ant/ivy, while HBase has moved to Maven (and
ZooKeeper has been considering moving to Maven at some point). As a
result I'm not sure how much overlap there will be going forward wrt a
common build...

If you use the release tag from SVN you are guaranteed to get the same
source as is contained in the release artifact. However the release
artifact contains additional things like lib dependencies (typically the
results of "ant package" or "ant tar")

By moving to SVN you would guarantee that you have the same source but
since ivy/maven are used to pull the dependencies (for the most part,
there may be some exceptions) you'd essentially get what you are looking
for.

Patrick