hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: additional source only release tarball
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:39:17 GMT
Thomas Koch wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
>> One thing I've discussed before is the whole notion of having some
>> hadoop-redist project whose aim is to produce useful
>> packaging/installation of the artifacts of the main Hadoop projects.
> you may be interested in project-builder.org. It's a tool to integrate the
> building of distribution packages in a continuous integration workflow. There
> has been a presentation at the European Free Software conference FOSDEM:
>
> Continuous Packaging with Project-Builder.org
> http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2010/fosdem10/
>
> Best regards,
>
> Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro

thanks, I'll look at it. I do have the CI tools creating RPMs right now,
scp-ing to VMs, though the fact that the rpm tools (especially rpm -qf
to verify that a file exists/is managed) doesn't return error/success
codes, so I have to grab the ssh output and scan for error strings,
which we all think is wrong.