hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject HPLabs Palo Alto internship opportunity
Date Tue, 02 Feb 2010 11:12:46 GMT

I am pleased to forward on this announcement of an opportunity for a
student to spend some time at HPLaboratories in California doing fun
things. This isn't the bit of HPLabs where I work (I'm based in the EU),
but these are some of my colleagues who are doing some really
interesting stuff.

As it's not my group, I'm not in a position to field questions about it,
-please follow the link at the bottom of the posting

-Steve

----------

In HP Labs at Palo Alto (http://www.hpl.hp.com/), we are currently
seeking qualified self-motivated MS and PhD students for the following
intern position in software and systems research.

This position is in the area of large-scale data management, with the
focus of developing a scalable platform as a cloud service to store and
manage data and enforce data management policies. This cloud service
aims to help service providers protect outsourced customer data and meet
compliance requirements. The involved data policies include data
retention, data availability, data integrity, data migration, and data
access control, among others.

This position requires deep knowledge and hands-on experience with
distributed systems and service-oriented computing, which include
database, transactional and parallel processing, high availability and
fault tolerance, and other related disciplines. This position also
requires strong object-oriented programming and web development skills
(Java related platforms preferred). Experience with Hadoop and
Map/Reduce and knowledge of secure computing (e.g., identity management,
access control) are desired but not required.  Qualified candidates must
have excellent communication skills and the ability to work
independently and in a team.

To apply to this position, please visit
https://hp.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en, and at the
"Job Number" field, enter the number "385468". Then press the button
"Search for Jobs". The search result will bring up this specific
position related page, from which the online application to this
position can be started.