hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Gautam Singaraju <gautam.singar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: splittable encrypted compressed files
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 22:34:59 GMT
A encryption/decryption mechanism requires the secret key to be
securely distributed. As far as moving data on the wire is concerned,
SSH is already being used. I am wondering about the performance hit
when encryption and then again decryption is applied to the data and
what value that might add.

---
Gautam