hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Antonio Goncalves <antonio.mail...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maven repository ?
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 15:54:42 GMT
Hi Philip,

I've tryied using the Cloudera Maven repository but I can't make it work.
I'm using Maven 2.1 and when I add :

        <repository>
            <id>cloudera</id>
            <name>libs-releases</name>
            <url>http://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/libs-releases
</url>
        </repository>

Maven looks for :
http://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/libs-releases/com/cloudera/hadoop-core/0.20.1+152/hadoop-core-0.20.1+152.pom(see
the com/cloudera (slash) instead of the com.cloudera (dot). (note that
the pom.xml is missing in the Cloudera repository)

I thought it was a Maven 1 repository so I've added <layout>legacy</layout>
but it doesn't work either.

Any idea ?
Thanks
Antonio

2010/1/11 Philip Zeyliger <philip@cloudera.com>

> Cloudera publishes a repository for its distribution.  See
> http://repository.cloudera.com/artifactory/repo/com.cloudera/ .
>
> You mayalso  want to take a look at
> http://github.com/cloudera/repository-example, which is an example of
> building wordcount, using Ivy, against the snapshot repository.
>
> -- Philip
>
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 2:57 AM, Antonio Goncalves <
> antonio.mailing@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I'm new to Hadoop and I'm starting with some Hello Worlds. I'm used to
> use
> > Maven so I've automatically created a pom.xml.... but I could not find
> any
> > dependecies. In MvnRepository I found the following :
> >
> > http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.jvnet.hudson.hadoop/hadoop-core
> >
> > *http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.apache.mahout.hadoop/hadoop-core*
> > But I don't know if there is a problem with the pom.xml or not, but it
> > doesn't download the hadoop dependencies. I've also read in older mails
> > that
> > there was not an official Hadoop Maven repository. Do you know if things
> > have changed ? Is there a repository ? If yes, what is the groupId and
> > artifactId ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Antonio

Antonio Goncalves (antonio.goncalves@gmail.com)
Software architect

Web site : www.antoniogoncalves.org
Blog: agoncal.wordpress.com
Feed: feeds2.feedburner.com/AntonioGoncalves
Paris JUG leader : www.parisjug.org
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/agoncal