hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roy Mendelssohn <Roy.Mendelss...@noaa.gov>
Subject Re: What is included in each download
Date Fri, 01 Jan 2010 15:24:41 GMT

Happy new years,

-Roy M.
On Dec 31, 2009, at 10:56 PM, Owen O'Malley wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2009, at 3:20 PM, Roy Mendelssohn wrote:
>> Hi All:
>> I am new to what is in this Apache Project. When I go t http://hadoop.apache.org/index.html,
a glaring omission,  IMO, is any description of what contains what, and what I get if I do
a download.  Does Hadoop common contain hbase and mapreduce and hdfs, or do I need to install
these separately, or what.  I skimmed several of the starting documents, and they do not tell
you that either.  Same with the other components listed on that page.
>> Any information on that would be greatly appreciated,
> Ok, it goes like this. After 0.20 Core split into 3 subprojects (Common, HDFS, MapReduce).
So if you are downloading Core 0.20.1, you'll get all 3 of them. HBase, Hive, Pig, and ZooKeeper
are all separate sub-projects and you need to download them separately.
> -- Owen

Roy Mendelssohn
Supervisory Operations Research Analyst
Environmental Research Division