hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Owen O'Malley <omal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 0.20.2 HDFS incompatible with 0.20.1
Date Wed, 06 Jan 2010 18:26:32 GMT
Hairong was having difficulty getting this message through the spam
filters.

   -- Owen

----------------Start of the message:
 > I would like Hairong to consider if she could fix the issue in 0.20
 > without the incompatible change.

It is possible that I fix the issue in 0.20 without breaking the
compatibility. But I am worried about the code stability if we take
this approach. The pipeline code is such a critical and fragile part
of HDFS. Currently I depend on the extensive pipeline fault injection
tests created in 0.21 to build the confidence that my change works. If
the change in 0.20 differs from that in 0.21 and the trunk, it becomes
harder for us to ensure the pipeline code stability.

I would like to propose that we pull out HDFS-793 and HDFS-101 from
0.20.

Hairong