hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Abhishek Verma <vermaabhish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SCALING GENETIC ALGORITHMS USING MAPREDUCE
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:44:25 GMT
Hi Alberto,

The paper considers only selecto-recombinative genetic algorithms as
mentioned in Section III.A. The mutation operators could be done on the
reduce  after the crossover or before it as required. Elitism can be
implemented by emitting the individual with a different value in the map and
then directly writing it to context in the reduce.

If you are up for it, we could collaborate together to work on your problem.

Hope this helps.
-Abhishek.