hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Alberto Luengo Cabanillas <cabi...@gmail.com>
Subject SCALING GENETIC ALGORITHMS USING MAPREDUCE
Date Wed, 13 Jan 2010 23:36:03 GMT
Hi everyone! For the last six months. my work with Hadoop is being focused
in developing a stable MRPGA. Last paper I read ("Scaling Genetic Algorithms
Using MapReduce") was a fantastic job and gave me a bunch of ideas; but I
have some questions relative to this paper and I think they may be useful
for community:

Anywhere in the paper talks about elitism rate nor mutation rate. It only
talks about selection and crossover. In fact, this part (page 3 and so)
talks about an INDIVIDUALREPRESENTATION(key) function, which I suppose is
used to represent the key part of the par (i.e., if it is Text, its
representation is a String). Also there are TOURN(tournArray) (?) and
CROSSOVER(crossArray), which I think is related to mutation.

How it is supposed to be implemented the mutation part in the process?. Have
you considered some kind of elitism rate for chossing population?.

Thanks a lot in advance.

--
Alberto