hadoop-general mailing list archives

Subject setNumReduceTasks(1)
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 23:22:30 GMT
If I set # of reduce tasks to 1 using setNumReduceTasks(1), would the class
be instantiated only on one machine.. always?  I mean if I have a cluster of
say 1 master, 10 workers & 3 zookeepers, is the Reducer class guaranteed to
be instantiated only on 1 machine?

If answer is yes, then I will use static variable as a counter to see how
may rows have been added to my HBase table so far.  In my use case, I want
to write only N number of rows to a table.  Is there a better way to do
this?  Please let me know.  Thanks.