hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Naveen Kumar Prasad <naveenkum...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: encoding types supported by Hadoop
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2010 05:01:27 GMT
Hi Todd,

To elaborate more on the encoding query :

Actually the input file we use while working with Hadoop, may have different
encoding types,
Like : encoding="UTF-8" (UTF-16, GBK, etc)
So I want to know which all encoding types are supported by Hadoop.

User Scenario :
I want to read from a input text file (suppose file01.txt) which has chinese
characters
And write it to a output text file (suppose fileo2.txt) and verify whether
the chinese characters
are coming properly in the output file (and not as junk characters).

{ It would be appreciable if u cud tell me how to verify this. )

Regards,
Naveen Kumar
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES CO.,LTD.  huawei_logo

Address: Huawei Industrial Base
Bantian Longgang
Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
www.huawei.com
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is
listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way
(including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction,
or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is