hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Roy Mendelssohn <Roy.Mendelss...@noaa.gov>
Subject What is included in each download
Date Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:20:43 GMT
Hi All:

I am new to what is in this Apache Project. When I go t http://hadoop.apache.org/index.html,
a glaring omission,  IMO, is any description of what contains what, and what I get if I do
a download.  Does Hadoop common contain hbase and mapreduce and hdfs, or do I need to install
these separately, or what.  I skimmed several of the starting documents, and they do not tell
you that either.  Same with the other components listed on that page.

Any information on that would be greatly appreciated,

-Roy M.

**********************
**********************
Roy Mendelssohn