hadoop-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: FSNamesystem initialization failed.
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 18:50:49 GMT
Hi Sergey,

I replied to your post in common-user - please don't double-post in the
future - just makes the threads harder to follow for others who might have
the same problem.

Thanks
-Todd

2009/12/1 Чуканов Сергей <schukanov@rbc.ru>

>  Hi, suddenly I’ve got problem with starting Namenode:
>
>
>
> [hadoop@hadoop1 hadoop]$ bin/hadoop namenode
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:51 INFO namenode.NameNode: STARTUP_MSG:
>
> /************************************************************
>
> STARTUP_MSG: Starting NameNode
>
> STARTUP_MSG:   host = hadoop1.bcr.ru/81.68.243.18
>
> STARTUP_MSG:   args = []
>
> STARTUP_MSG:   version = 0.19.2-dev
>
> STARTUP_MSG:   build =
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/core/branches/bran
>
> ch-0.19 -r 755955; compiled by 'maksim07' on Sun Mar 22 14:29:37 MSK 2009
>
> ************************************************************/
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:51 INFO metrics.RpcMetrics: Initializing RPC Metrics with
> hostName=NameNode, port=9000
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:51 INFO namenode.NameNode: Namenode up at:
> hadoop1.bcr.ru/81.68.243.18:9000
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:51 INFO jvm.JvmMetrics: Initializing JVM Metrics with
> processName=NameNode, sessionId=null
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:51 INFO metrics.NameNodeMetrics: Initializing
> NameNodeMeterics using context
> object:org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContext
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:52 INFO namenode.FSNamesystem: fsOwner=hadoop,hadoop,dba
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:52 INFO namenode.FSNamesystem: supergroup=supergroup
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:52 INFO namenode.FSNamesystem: isPermissionEnabled=true
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:52 INFO metrics.FSNamesystemMetrics: Initializing
> FSNamesystemMet
>
> rics using context object:org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NullContext
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:52 INFO namenode.FSNamesystem: Registered
> FSNamesystemStatusMBean
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:52 INFO common.Storage: Number of files = 30079
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:53 INFO common.Storage: Number of files under construction =
> 0
>
> 09/12/01 11:26:53 INFO common.Storage: Image file of size 4451066 loaded in
> 1 seconds.
>
> 09/12/01 11:27:11 ERROR namenode.FSNamesystem: FSNamesystem initialization
> failed.
>
> java.io.IOException: Incorrect data format. logVersion is -18 but
> writables.length is 0.
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog.loadFSEdits(FSEditLog.java:542)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.loadFSEdits(FSImage.java:973)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.loadFSImage(FSImage.java:793)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:352)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirectory.loadFSImage(FSDirectory.java:87)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.initialize(FSNamesystem.java:309)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.<init>(FSNamesystem.java:288)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:163)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:208)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:194)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:859)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:868)
>
> 09/12/01 11:27:11 INFO ipc.Server: Stopping server on 9000
>
> 09/12/01 11:27:11 ERROR namenode.NameNode: java.io.IOException: Incorrect
> data f
>
> ormat. logVersion is -18 but writables.length is 0.
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSEditLog.loadFSEdits(FSEditLog.java:542)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.loadFSEdits(FSImage.java:973)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.loadFSImage(FSImage.java:793)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSImage.recoverTransitionRead(FSImage.java:352)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSDirectory.loadFSImage(FSDirectory.java:87)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.initialize(FSNamesystem.java:309)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.<init>(FSNamesystem.java:288)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.initialize(NameNode.java:163)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:208)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.<init>(NameNode.java:194)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.createNameNode(NameNode.java:859)
>
>         at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.main(NameNode.java:868)
>
> 09/12/01 11:27:11 INFO namenode.NameNode: SHUTDOWN_MSG:
>
> /************************************************************
>
> SHUTDOWN_MSG: Shutting down NameNode at hadoop1.bcr.ru/81.68.243.18
>
> ************************************************************/
>
>
>
> Any ideas?
>
>
>
> Thanks!
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message