hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Mark N <nipen.m...@gmail.com>
Subject Showing hadoop status
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 09:58:59 GMT
Currently  I was trying to read the log files generated by hadoop so that I
could show the status of map/reduce jobs in user interfaces
(consider that UI is a separate application )

I was looking at JobTracker APIs and was trying use following APIs
 1. jobtracker.getAllJobs()  which returns array of jobstatus objects

 2. Then for each jobStatus we can call
    mapProgress() , isJobCompleted()  methods

The problem is how do I link existing jobTracker ( which is already running
)  with my  code ? i am trying to built something like  " hadoop UI ."

should I use jobClient  APIs ? Also is this a proper approach ?

thanks in advance . N mark.