hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Bernd Fondermann <bernd.fonderm...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Proposed bylaws for the Hadoop project
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2009 19:49:27 GMT
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 20:52, Owen O'Malley <omalley@apache.org> wrote:
> We should have created bylaws when we were established as a PMC back in Jan
> 2008, but it has become clear that we need to define them. I looked around
> and the Ant project had bylaws that were both clear and fairly complete. I
> made some minor edits to match what we do. Please look them over and vote.
> In a recursive usage, let's use 2/3 majority to approve these bylaws.

A VOTE thread without having a discussion thread first is unlikely to
not be hijacked by detailed discussion.
I think it will be more successful to collect input first and then
vote on something where all important input is featured in.
As soon as discussions start to evolve on a VOTE thread, nobody knows
what he is/has been voting for, really.

  Bernd