hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: General doubts about Google App Engine
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 10:54:43 GMT
Google app engine has the model whereby all computation is done in the
context of a HTTP request, with fairly hard limits on CPU, memory and
thread resources.  There is no way to create a 'daemon', or long
running thread. That would defeat the horizontal scalability benefits
of a system like GAE.

Like the other requester said, EC2 might be more your thing.