hadoop-general mailing list archives

From psdc1978 <psdc1...@gmail.com>
Subject How compile hadoop-0.20.1
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:10:16 GMT
Hi all,

1 - I'm trying to compile hadoop-0.20.1 but I'm facing several errors.
Hadoop includes several subprojects, but these subprojects are all compiled
in one file called hadoop-0.20.1-core.jar. If I just want to update the code
in the MapReduce component, do I have to compile all the project?

2 - Why Hadoop only have one jar for all the project? For example, MapReduce
subcomponent could be inside mapreduce.jar, Common subcomponent could be
inside common.jar, HDFS subcomponent could be inside hdfs.jar, etc.

3 - Is there any tutorial that helps how to compile Hadoop?

4 - Should I try to compile hadoop in windows with Cygwin, or should I
compile inside Ubuntu?

Thanks,

--
Pedro