hadoop-general mailing list archives

From hars...@students.iiit.ac.in
Subject Re: General doubts about Google App Engine
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2009 05:18:29 GMT
Hi,
   It's the sole reason I am using App Engine. I have to deploy a Web
application on it using Java. The whole point is that I have to make
the running of application look like it's being run on a single
TaskTracker but actually, it runs on many. Thus , in short I have to
expose Google App Engine into many nodes.

Thank You.
Harshad

> Hi Harshad,
>
> Is there any reason you're using App Engine instead of EC2? App Engine
> is designed for web sites, so in general, I think you'd have to do a
> lot of work to make it run MapReduce, and it wouldn't be particularly
> good at it.
>
> On Nov 3, 2009, at 8:49 PM, harshad@students.iiit.ac.in wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>   Is there any possibility of Google app Engine running Map Reduce
>> behind
>> its framework?. I am doing a project on Google App Engine which has to
>> expose it into different nodes i.e into TaskTrackers, Jobtrackers.
>>   Basically I have to balance the load which exists while running any
>> application behind the scenes. I have to assign different TaskTrackers
>> on different machines. Does Google App Engine provide support for
>> this?
>>
>> Thank You.
>> Harshad Shrikhande
>>

>> --