hadoop-general mailing list archives

From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Proposed bylaws for the Hadoop project
Date Thu, 05 Nov 2009 20:31:13 GMT
>From my understanding, the section related to "Adoption of a new CodeBase"
refer to wholesale replacement of existing codebase with a new one. For that
operation, this document proposes to have a 2/3 majority. It does not apply
to creating new "contrib" modules inside an existing project. Creating new
contrib modules within an existing project has the same requirements as
needed by any bug-fix (i.e. "Lazy approval")

Just for fun (no offense to anybody), does anybody know the procedure to
impeach the Chair of the PMC :-)?

thanks,
dhruba